Movie Review⑤ -Harry Potter-

3

December 11, 2017 by sungjoon07

‘Harry potter’ is fantasy movie series which is based on the novels of same name written by J.K.Rowling. Beginning with first one, Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone, in 2001, the series has finished, in 2011, with 8th part: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows -part.2.

Because this movie is characterized as a ‘fiction’, lots of virtual effects are used in the whole movie. Some characters are actually not ‘humankind’, and therefore, they are described only through those effects. The movie maximizes visual effect of ‘magic’, which is the main topic of this movie series, by showing it as much dynamic as possible.

Most of background scenes are designed to be Britain, where this movie was directed, at both modern and the Medieval age. This effort harmonizes the background with whole story and eventually makes Britain more attractive place especially for audiences in foreign countries.

There are a lot of cuts which focus on each performer’s face. Because of this, we can feel what those performers think at important scenes. It is a typical, but very important, effect for understanding a movie.

From these effects I wrote above, ‘Harry Potter’ could be one of the most famous movie in the world.

1. hiroki09 says:

Harry Potter is one of the most famous and popular movie, and I love it too.

2. daichi041 says:

I also think this movie is known by all over the people. This movie tell me a lot of things such as friendship, what family is, courage, and so on. At the time of this movie is broadcasted on TV, I always watch.

3. Manabu Fujita says:

I think Harry Potter is one of the most famous movies in the world.
    I’ve seen this movie in English without Japanese subtitle before. But British English is too hard to hear and understand for me.
    By the way, I heard Harry Potter Area in USJ is still popular. Awesome.