Movie Review-Narratage

2

December 10, 2017 by Manabu Fujita

This the movie that I saw most recently. Narratage was released on October 7th, 2017 in Japan. Jun Matsumoto and Kasumi Arimura act main characters. Jun Matsumoto is a member of ARASHI which is the most popular idol group in Japan. Kasumi Arimura acted many main characters in famous movies and TV dramas, so not only teenagers but also older people like her.

Story Overview: Hayama was a teacher who gave a place to lonely Izumi in high school and saved her. Therefore, Izumi has loved Hayama after graduating the high school. And then, They meet at high school again. She has a special feeling to him, but he has a wife. While overcoming various difficulties they reach a conclusion. In all, they decides to live their respective lives.

A special relationship between a teacher and a student is recognized a taboo worldwide.   However, how about the relationship between a teacher and a graduated student? How about the relationship between a married man and a female university student? When I saw this movie, I considered moral and taboo problems in love in a Japanese society. In this movie, one woman said “There are no people who must not fall in love”. I agreed with this idea and thought love is really complicated.

1. haruka261 says:

I watched this movie, too and also have read its original book. I felt this movie was uncommon because recent most love story movies have happy ending but there aren’t any happy scenes as a a whole.

2. sora047 says:

I also watched this movie! I was moved at their painful love and cried at the movie theater.