Movie Review③-Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead men tell no tales

2

October 28, 2017 by mina031

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead men tell no tales was directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg and released in 2017. This film is the fifth work of a series of Pirates of the Caribbean. As same as other works of this series, Johnny Depp plays the main character Jack Sparrow. The story is that a boy tries to make his father be released from a curse. To break the curse, he should get Poseidon’s spear. He asks Jack to help him find it. Once he turns it down, however, he decides to corporate with him. In my opinion, this skillfully include some genre: adventure, fantasy, horror, comedy and romance. For example, though naturally adventure is the strongest element of this, the scene that a reaper and some dead men appear are as if it is a horror movie. Moreover, all battle scenes are very cool. Absolutely pirates fight with using swords, not using some new weapon because this story is set in about seventeenth century. This old way of fighting rather makes us exited.

1. Miki Matsumoto says:

I watched it in a theater. I like the gorgeous music of this movie because it represents the pirates world very well. I was almost crying when Barbossa died.

2. Manabu Fujita says:

I think this is a very influential movie. Because people who go to Tokyo Disney Land and Sea wore the costume of Pirates of the Caribbean during Halloween season. Especially, children are big funs of this movie.