movie review ⑧ Our daily Bread

1

October 27, 2017 by sae16

This movie is made in Germany and released 2005.This is a documentary movie about food. But it’s not about just food, but current process of mass production of food such as in high technology factory or machined farming. Nowadays, the important thing to industry food is more plenty, more quickly.

This is not brand new idea to show “what is really happened right now” as a documentary movie, but the method is sensational. I think that’s why this movie is highly evaluated.

Through the whole movie, there is no narration, voice over, and background music. There is only natural sonority. So there is no intention what the director want to say, or massage. And there’s also no explanation. Many scenes are taken by fixed camera. So we just watch it from neutral position.

This movie shows whole process of product. Not only harvesting vegetable, processing meet etc. but it includes some shocking part such as slaughter. But there’s no message like it’s a poor thing to kill animals, or how miserable it is, or do not eat meat. After watching this movie, we can think and make decision by ourselves.

1 comment »

1. mina031 says:

Though I didn’t know this movie, I come to want to watch it!