Tabacco Festival

1

September 26, 2017 by haruka

Have you ever heared of the “Tabacco Festival”? It is held in my hometown, Hadano(Kanagawa), every year in September. This year, it was held on 23th, 24th. When you hear this name of festival, you may image it dangerous or something bad, but this festival is just an ordinary festival as everyone images. Also people with “mikoshi” walk  along the street. This is a big event in Hadano, so about two hundred thousand people come every year. Hadano was famous as a tabacco-growing area, and by effort of the cultivators, development of Hadano was supported. To hand it down to posterity, this festival was named “Tabacco Festival”.

Of course, I went there and ate around with friends in my hometown. On the second day, about two thousand fireworks was launched.For local people, it’s fun to meet some old friends, too. I like this festival’s atomosphere.

If you’re interested in this festival, come and enjoy this year!

Also, the river called “mizunashigawa” is lined with a lot of cherry trees in spring. It’s very beautiful so I recommened you visit Hadano in this spring! Though Hadano is very far from Tokyo, Hadano has a lot of nature and clear air, so you can be purified your heart.

1 comment »

1. sora047 says:

I went to this festival last week with the members of my club!!
    It was a big and wonderful festival. I ate delicious Takoyaki 🙂