Salzburg

0

June 21, 2017 by erin033

オーストリア ザルツブルクの街並み

I know this is sudden but do you know the city Salzburg? Before reading a certain article, I didn’t know the existence of Salzburg. However, thanks to the article, I could learn that Salzburg is a city in Austria famous for the music festival that takes place every year, and for being the place where Mozart was born. This is the picture of the townscape of Salzburg. You can see a castle standing in the upper right corner of the picture, this is Festung Hohensalzburg. It is on a hill, so people can see it from anywhere in Salzburg. Salzburg has a lot of good points and characteristics that are different from those of Japan. I think this article will help to deepen our knowledge of Salzburg and attract our interest.

The following is my summary of the article and the URL.

This article is written about the appeal of Salzburg in classical music. The author indicates that Salzburg is not only the set of “the Sound of Music” but also the birthplace of Mozart and the home of the Salzburg Festival. She also explains the details their history. Then, other music festivals are held in the various timing and duration. Moreover, there are still political relationships between art and Salzburg. One of the examples is that when Germany surrendered in 1945, the American General Mark W. Clark said, “We should re-establish the festival because with the help of culture and arts, we can establish the democratic system.” Besides this, the author quotes and paraphrases a lot of people’s comments and episodes that are linked to the culture and history of Salzburg.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/arts/salzburg-must-visit-classical-music.html