The old man and the sea

0

December 21, 2016 by nanase131

The main character of this story has tough and kind heart. Santiago, who is the main character of this story, goes fishing by himself everyday on his small boat, but he has not caught fish for 84 days. However, he did not give up, because he is a veteran at fishing, so he stands a fair chance of success. After a few days, a big fish which he has never seen before took the bait. He has been struggled with the fish for 4 days, and finally he caught that. However, an even more difficult problem occurred. The fish was too big to carry on his boat, so he moored the fish alongside his boat, so many sharks came and ate the fish. He tried to get rid of them. But his fish was eaten by them and remained only the bone of fish. If I were him, I wouldn’t recover from this shock, but to my great surprise, he was not crushed and tried to think next strategy which he made use of this very miserable experience. After reading this book, I wished that he can catch more big fish and spends happier life, so If I were this book’s author, I would make this story with a happy ending, for example, after he caught big fish, he can bring back to his house safely and cooks that

I learned the importance of the heart which is not give up. Santiago has been fought through the battle with the big fish by himself for four days. If I were him, I would give up the battle. The decision whether to give up or to win the battle, and no one help him. However, his heart never broken. I respected his strong heart because I am the kind of person who gives up various things right away. I try to get strong heart like Santiago.