Trains should not run for 24-hour in Tokyo

0

December 12, 2016 by keisuke16

I sometime hope trains should run for 24-hour only for weekwnds, if so I can hung out with frends longer and go back home when I feel tired. However, there are some problems for runnnig for 24-hour.

First of all, It makes people work overtime. A change in transportation will also affect work and leisure hours. The impact on overtime work could be harmful, making it easier for workers to stay at work later and for employers to ask for longer hours. We should not work overtime too much.

Secondly, it cannot maintain trains safety. That is the most important thing in transportation. If something happen, many people may die. BART, subway in San Francisco, had been expected running 24-hour before, but BART said “there’s not enough track available to run trains while also performing repairs.” Therefore, BART may never run for 24-hour. I think Tokyo trains cannot run safely same as BART, and they are much more complicated than BART. It is very difficult to run safely even now there are a lot of problems every day in Tokyo trains.

Moreover, it costs too much. The number of train user is smaller than that one in day time, but trains running cost same as day time. And, taxi, hotels and etc. will be disapointing because we will not have to use that.

Threfore, trains should not run for 24-hour.