WHIPLASH

0

June 29, 2016 by yumi16

Image result for セッション

HI! I’m Yumi. Today I’m going to introduce you about my fourth movie review, Whiplash. Japanese  title is Session.

This is story about a young boy who is a student of music college. He was a drummer and he met a teacher who is a teacher of the music college and famous for his strict and craziness.  The young boy became insane little by little and he gradually began to leave from their surronders and to become a main player, he practice the dram until he gets bleed. This is a story about the madness and craziness. It’s not a horror movie though,  we will be pushed into the psycologically damaged situation and get tired after watching this movie.

I think this movie has three effective points.

First of all, this is a story of madness and craziness, blood is emphasised. Normally, I think music instrument and blood is not connected, however in this movie, it appeared so many times and it gives us impression of madness and craziness.

Second is that of course this movie is based on music, so the sounds of the page turning, footsteps, breathing and finger cracking are emphasized and it gives us impression that the movie maker insists on the sounds.

Third is the fahion. The teacher of the young boy is always wearing same clothes. To  express the madness and craziness, I think it is effective. People normally won’t wear same clothes. Of course the actor’s acting skill is wonderful but the sounds and fashion is helpful to give us impression.

This is a story based  on madness and craziness, however you can learn lots of things like even if you obssessed with something, you have to pay attention to relationship especially close people. There is a message that you can pursue your dream but you should always think about others.

I also thought that it is a good thing to pursue one thing. If we have passion and strong desire,  we could do anything and I think college, university period is the last time to pursue our own favorite things.

From these reasons, I recommend you to watch this movie.