Room

0

June 29, 2016 by haruka16

room

Hi, I’m Haruka. Today, I’ll introduce “Room”

This movie is the story about bond of mother and her son.

Jack and his mother are held captive by a men who has kidnapped her, rapped her, impregnated her, and uses her as his sexual slave. Jack and she have lived in a small, locked shed, which they call “Room”. Jack’s mother has lived in “Room” since she was abducted seven years earlier. Jack has lived there for all his life since he was born and he believes “Room” is entire world. the mother tries to make him realize outside world. One day, the mother decided to escape from “Room” with Jack.

This is the plot of this movie.

However, this is not just movie of escaping. It shows conflicted feelings of them after escaping from incarceration.

Jack accommodated his self to new world while feeling confused, but the mother ware hurt by harsh words of public and the media which horn on her house to interview makes her feel uncomfortable.

At the last scene of the movie, the mother and Jack visited the shed  where they confined and jack said bye bye to “Room”.

I felt that Jack learned various things in new world and became so strong that he could put the past aside. He is already different from what he used to be in “Room”.

This movie is not based on real story, but it depicted the emotions of characters realistically. I could sympathize all of characters.

I can’t believe that there are women who experience same situation for real, but abduction and incarceration are occurring in fact. I think it is necessary for us to shift our focus on this problem.

I never forget this movie.

«