The Cove

0

May 24, 2016 by mami15

I’ll talk about the movie we watched last week.

I watched a similar documentary program in a class when I was a high school student. It draw about activity of Sea Shepherd which a group work on the protection of the whale. It was shocked for me, because I watched the scene that many Japanese was abused and cursed by foreigners, for the first time.

The whale was the food which was important for many Japanese in old days. And many young people included me have eaten, too. I have not thought about this problem seriously until I saw the program. Eating whale and dolphin are Japanese traditional culture, although I haven’t eaten dolphin. And Japanese capture them and send it to the aquarium and investigate it.

It was not considered seriously problems in Japan, but receive much criticism from the foreign countries. We Japanese don’t know about it, because it is not reported in Japan. Whether it is pressure of the government, the disadvantageous thing is not reported in Japan. I think it is a bad point of Japan.

This problems are difficult to answer for me, because it connect with politics and an ethic. We should think more seriously about this problems.