Try to understand 〈 East is East 〉

0

May 23, 2016 by saki13

Hi, I’m Saki.
Today I’m going to write about the movie we watched in class, “East is East.”

I was shocked at the difficulty of cross-cultural communications. This is because the family in this movie faced with problems related to the difference between a culture and a culture.

Actually, I have an experience that I felt cultural differences. When I was a high school student, I studied abroad for only a month. I did home staying in New Zealand 🙂 People in NZ are very kind and cheerful, so I spent very good time with my host family. I was surprised at some differences between Japan and NZ. First one is interval. It is a morning break time, and students can eat sweets before next classes for 30 minutes. I want Japanese schools to take in the system. This system makes concentration of students higher. Next one is dinner. Food culture is very different between two countries. Through my experience, I think there are many cultural differences in the world.

My experience is very short, but the family in the movie live with cross cultural communication every day. I think it’s very hard. If the father were more calm, the family would live more peacefully. They faced difficulties, but they love one another. The power of love can manage to break the wall of cultural differences. If I communicate with people who has different cultures, I try to understand them and make friendships with them.