(500) days of summer

1

April 30, 2016 by makoto16

Hi there! I’m Makoto.
This is my first movie review so I will get stuck in!!

Most of Hollywood movies are happy ending, in more detail, we can imagine what comes next.  However, this movie,”(500) days of Summer” is a little different than others.

One of the distinctive features of this movie is scattering many scenes.  The day goes back and forth therefore you can enjoy this movie to find out the reason why they broke up.
I watched it twice but finally, I couldn’t find the reason.  What a difficult love is!!

Also we can enjoy its music.  The smith is a key artist between Tom and Summer.
Among them, “There is a Light than never goes out” makes Tom think that “SHE is the one for me” . There are many good songs in this movie so please check them after you watched it.  I recommend “sugar town” sang by Nancy Sinatra.

ringo-starr-quote-from-500-days-of-summer

The narrator says to us “You should know up front, this is not a love story, it’s a story about love” at the beginning.  That’s absolutely true. Yet, Tom’s LOVE toward Summer can’t be everlasting one, but the next one can be…  and do not forget that Autumn comes after the Summer.

1 comment »

1. natsuki152 says:

Hi, Makoto! I am Natsuki. I have got interested in this movie through this blog, so I went to TSUTAYA and watched it:) As you mentioned, it was an unexpected ending and it implied that love and marriage are different…