Rapunzel

4

April 28, 2015 by miho75

On Friday, I saw a movie, Rapunzel on TV. At first, I didn’t expect too much because I have read the book before and I have some images. In fact the movie is different from the original story of the book. For example the differeces are the character of Rapunzel and a prince (in the movie, he is a thief!) and the reason why Rapunzel is captured by a witch.

However I became to love this scenario. The book one is classic and made for children, so the story is romantic and the characters are fantastic. But the movie one is reflected the present age and produced to enjoy with adults. For instance, Rapunzel was a tragic and timid girl in the book, but she is a brisk girl and desire to escape from a castle to explore unknown worlds. I think this character reflects the advance into the workplace by women. Also this scenario tells us that you cannot succeed if you just wait something turn to good.

This time I saw this movie on TV. I regret not having seen it in the cinema. I want to have seen the energetic Rapunzel and the beautiful special effects with 3-D.

1. sayaka77 says:

I love this movie so much! But I did not know that there is the original book. It will be so exciting to read it and check the differences!

2. nanami75 says:

I didn’ t know that the original is book. I love the scene which Rapinzel and Flynn row a boat together. Music is wonderful!!

3. haruna75 says:

I love this movie, too!!! And I couldn’t agree with you more❤️
    Most disney movies’ princess is cute,soft and passive so that they cannot fight against her enemy without prince. Mostly, princess are saved by prince’s kiss. Anyway, Rapunzel is very active so as to realize her dream. I will definitely go to movie theater and watch the movie with 3D!!!

4. riho77 says:

While I had never watched the movie before, your review makes me feel wanting to watch it. I don’t like animation so much, but I believe your recommendation that this was made for both children and adults. Also,I want to watch with 3D.