Calender

0

July 20, 2014 by mark0

The Julian Calender is a solar calender introduced in Rome by Julius Caesar. It establishes the 12-month year of 365 days with each 4th year having 366 days, and the months having 31 or 30 days.

Julian Calender is often used for civil and liturgical purposes. Also, the day-number calendar is used for astronomical and historical calculations.
Other than Julian, ther is also a calender called the ”Georgian Calender” but the difference in the average length of the year between Julian and Gregorian is 0.002%.

The Gregorian calendar has the same months and month lengths as the Julian calendar, but it inserts leap days according to a different rule.

Consequently, the Julian calendar is 13 days behind the Gregorian calendar; for instance, January 1st in the Julian calendar is January 14th in the Gregorian.

These two calenders each plays an important role in peoples life for knowing the ”days” and to grasp it.

Talking about days, I feel time passes fast since I became a university student. But these days when there is time to be alone, I think every day seems similar, but is different. You can’t predict everything that will happen in one day. But being a university student is only ”now” and 2 or 3 years in the future, there will be another different ”me”, so I don’t want to waste time and each day is very precious.