Japanese Movie “The Black House”

0

November 17, 2023 by risako74

I watched a Japanese movie “The Black house” (1999). This is 108 minutes film based on the original novel “The Black House”. To explain this in short, this film is containing many chilly moments and grotesques depictions, a gripping, brooding.

The story is like this. A man, Wakatsuki working for a life insurance company comes across the hanging body of son at the home of a woman he visited to explain the insurance. The police ruled the death a suicide, and the insurance money was paid accordingly. However, he finds that the attitude of the parents suspicious and starts investigating on his own. By doing so, he found that son was wife’s stepson. Since the husband had a criminal record in the past, Wakatsuki thought husband murdered his son to get the insurance money. However, the husband later visits the hospital to say that both of his arms were amputated in the line of duty, and the wife asks Wakatsuki how much the insurance will pay. Wakatsuki invade into their house and found dead bodies buried under the floor.

This movie is the most thrilling movie I have ever seen, in addition, the wife, Shinobu Ootake’s acting is really amazing and creepy. If you want to be thrilled, I strongly recommend this movie.