The teacher shortage (2)

0

January 22, 2023 by keita59

I said teachers are forced to work longer hours because of club activities in the previous blog. The only solution to this is to hire someone as a club coach. In many high schools, this method is taken. However, club coaches are not allowed to do everything on their responsibilities; they should be supervised by teachers. Even though teachers don’t have to take the role of coaching, they still have to go to school either way. When it is weekends, they have to go to school just to unlock the key and stay there until the club finishes. The government should allow club coaches to do all the things so that teachers can take a day off.

Second, I actually tried to take the teacher’s license course from the fall semester in my junior year, but I couldn’t. The guy at the counter said, “It takes at least three years to finish the course, so you got to stay in this college for another year.” I know the rules, but maybe there are some students who changed their mind afterwards like me, so it would be nice if there is a rule that we can take the course from the senior year.

The system can be more flexible to solve this teacher shortage.