Halloween and social media

0

October 31, 2022 by keita59

The origin of Halloween in Japan is said to be the Halloween event in Disneyland in the early 2000s. But how it became such popular among Japanese? I think it is because of the spread of social media. Young people like to post colorful pictures on Instagram, and Halloween is a good opportunity to take such photos. Also, they can wear costumes in amusement parks or in Shibuya, so there are many chances to take photos on Halloween. Shibuya Halloween started around the late 2000s. Going to Shibuya is one of the most popular activities on Halloween. Some people have good manners, but some don’t. They don’t come to Shibuya to walk around the town wearing costumes but to drink alcohol and make a noise. Some of them even commit crimes. Every year, there are police cars to watch for crimes on Shibuya Halloween. It is not a fun event anymore but the most dangerous day in a year. I saw a video of a Halloween parade in the US on YouTube. It was different than I expected. People have good manners, and no one breaks any rule. Some people even take their kids late at night. I was surprised that Halloween in the US is such peaceful.