Japanese crazy hospitality

0

October 21, 2022 by keita59

I have been going through many hardships while working as a cashier at a grocery store. In Japan, customers are sometimes called the “god”, so they take it for granted that they are treated nicely. Some irrational customers think they can do or say anything in the store because they think they are the “god”. I want to share one of my stories while I was working there. It was about three months after I started to work there that I got furious with one customer. (I tried not to show my rage to her.) A lady gave me her point card after she finished her paycheck. I said, “I can’t accept it because you have already paid.” Then she got mad at me and started to glare at me. When she left, she glanced at my name card and went to the service counter. A few minutes later, my co-worker who was at the counter came to me and said the customer complaint about me. Then she blamed me for not asking the customers whether she had her point card. I thought it was her fault that she forgot to give me the card, so I was wondering why I should be blamed for that.