The Future of Japan

0

July 16, 2022 by taishi45

In my blog, I have mentioned the problems of the world and of Japan. In the last part of this article, I will summarize them and discuss what the future holds for Japan. Before I discuss Japan, it is said that 30 years from now, the world’s population will reach 10 billion, and the United States and China will be the center of the world. Under such circumstances, Japan is said to be facing the problems of population decline and aging: by 2050, Japan’s population will be less than 100 million, and at the same time, the number of elderly people will explode and the economic scale of the country will shrink, so that its GDP will go from its current third place to Japan’s GDP could fall from its current third place to eighth place. In the face of these problems, we need to do the following three things. The first is to realize compact cities that will solve the problem of aging social capital. A compact city means reducing the scale of life as the population declines and ages. The second is the evolution of medical technology in line with the social structure. The third is recurrent education, in which people continue to work while relearning. This is about selling adults to educate them to cope with the development of AI and other technologies. We must embrace this change. We must consider what we can do in the wake of this change.