Gender rule in Korea

0

June 18, 2022 by boseong00038

About 20 years ago, Republic of Korea has really strict gender rule in family. Man have to work hard. Woman have to do housework. Supporting husband is common sense for everyone who live in Korea. Even at the school, there were gender bias. Boys are stronger than girls. Boys should not cry. Girls are always sitting around the playground when physical education is going on even some of girls wanted to participated in. However, since 2010s, common sense has been changed. Because of ‘me too’ movement in America, Korea also has been affected by many influencer in America. Many women participated in this movement. I can remember that there were so many cases and issues. After the movement, men changed their mind and try not to force women to do housework. Also, sexual harassment has been incredibly decreased in last past years. Media and entire society actively responded to the issues. I hope we can keep pushing it until gender bias is gone. All we have to to do is just keep an eye on the gender rule and bias. Japan can be changed if Japanese do exactly same thing like Korea did.