Leon

0

October 20, 2020 by serena59

“Leon” is an action and thriller movie released in 1994 and it was an English-language French movie. This story depicts the relationship between a girl whose name Mathilda and a professional hitman whose name Leon. Natalie Portman acts Mathilda, and Jean Reno acts Leon.

Although this movie is Natalie’s debut in the film, her act skill is awesome. She could act Mathilda perfectly. I can not believe Natalie was only 12 years old at that time because Mathilda looks mysterious and mature for her age.

The plot follows Leon unwillingly takes Mathilda after her family is murdered by Drug Enforcement Administration agent Norman Stansfield. Mathilda and Leon ordinary neighbors, but they start living together in Leon’s apartment after this accident. Mathilda learns the technique of murder from Leon to avenue Stansfield. In exchange, Mathilda teaches Leon how to read and write, and she cleans his apartment.

From this movie, I think it is difficult to define what love is. Their relationship seems to be a family, friends, and lovers, whereas they do not belong to any groups. They defy the boundaries. I am impressed with their style of love. Additionally, they risk their lives to protect and help each other. In the last scene, Leon chose to die with Stansfield because he had promised Mathilda to kill Stansfield. If Leon sincerely does not love her, he might not be able to make a choice of death. I guess you can not see the last scene without crying.