Yves Saint Laurent

0

May 31, 2020 by akari81

Today, I would like to talk about “Yves Saint Laurent”, a French movie based on his life.

I don’t watch French movies so often, because I sometimes feel they are a little boring. In my opinion, their stories are slow. They are too graceful for me. I prefer American ones, which stories are rapid and including dirty jokes. However, I started studying French at school, and watching movies may be an effective way to practice listening. Also, I like browsing luxury brand stuff such as Chloé, Dior, and YSL. Though I know his brand and its bags or cosmetics, I’ve never had the opportunity to know himself. That’s why I chose this movie.

I found his life was much tougher than I imagined. Because of his talent, most people might suppose his life was full of happiness or joy, but it wasn’t. He always felt lonely and had a lot of problems. For instance, because of being gay, he was bullied by others in the army, and then his mind was damaged. Honestly, I didn’t know that he has been in the army and even his sexuality. Besides, he was so sensitive and nervous. These personalities made his life troublesome, but I also think they are necessary for him to create such a beautiful fashion. I know “the agony of a genius” is a common theme of a movie, but when you bought something at YSL, please remind this movie and try to know his life.