Crosswalk the Musical: Aladdin

0

May 31, 2020 by akari81

Watching YouTube is always the best way to kill time, so today, I want to introduce an interesting video that you can watch on YouTube. If you have time, please check it.

This is “Crosswalk the Musical: Aladdin”, a part of an American comedy TV show. They hold flash mob-style performances at a crosswalk when cars stop at it. In this video, the guests are actual casts of “Aladdin”, a movie presented by Disney in 2019: Naomi Scott, Mena Massoud, and Will Smith, who each plays Jasmine, Aladdin, and Genie.

Though the casts are gorgeous, the quality of the musical is so cheap, and this gap is funny. My favorite scene is “A Whole New World”(8:53). In the actual movie, that was impressive and romantic. On the other hand, in this video, it was so far from such a beautiful one. For example, “a magic carpet” is on something like a machine to carry boxes at a factory. It is difficult for me to describe that fun atmosphere. From the view of musicals, it is certainly terrible, but I’m sure it can make people laughing.

Finally, let me tell you my favorite 3 steps to enjoy this video. First, choose the video. Second, watch the original movie. Third, watch the video and compare it with the original version. I believe it is the best way, but of course, watching this video simply is enough fun. There are other musicals like “FROZEN”, or “Beauty and The Beast”, and they are also incredibly low-quality but funny, so if you have literally much time, please watch them in this way.