Students Clash with Police in Hong Kong

1

November 17, 2019 by yuto8232

A few months ago the Chinese government declared an ordeal about offenders not at large, leading to many riots in Hong Kong. Just the other day CNN broadcast that university students still protest against the government. Since they throw flame bottles and shoot a flame arrow to the police officers when they clash and practice those violent acts in the school playground, international students, including students from the mainland of China, were told to leave campus because of danger and all classes would be canceled during the semester.

In my opinion, although it is important to stake a claim, people can resist the government in another more peaceful way such as marching before the government, not in a violent way like they are doing right now. I also wonder why people still protest against the government even though the ordeal about fugitive offenders were officially withdrawn. One of the reasons why they keep protesting might be that they want to resist the government that has been trying to control Hong Kong as the mainland of China. I was astounded when reading this article because students participated in the demonstration and the protest happened on the school campus, which was I did not expect. The students who had to flee from there deserved to be compensated because they deprived an opportunity to be educated.

1 comment »

1. taiga18 says:

There has been the problem between China and Hongkong for a long time. Peoples living in Hongkong regard themselves as not chinese but the peoples of Hongkong according to a study.