Freakonomics

0

June 30, 2019 by miu48

The naming is very important for the future of children. For example, the names like blacks have a negative impact on getting jobs compared to whites. The names were decided depending on cultural background. For instance, the black names are often found among the poor classes and many fatherless families.

When I watched this video, I felt that there is no difference of names between poor and rich in Japan unlike America. However, bizarre names called “Kirakira Name” are popular, and its phenomenon is regarded as questionable in Japan like America. I thought that parents must consider the impacts of names on their babies’ future, and choose names carefully.

I was also surprised the fact of Sumo world. The two accusers of “Yaocho” had no illness, but suddenly died in the same hospital on the same day. Also, the dissection was not done by the police. I didn’t know this event, so I was shocked by this unnatural death, and I thought that it is a sinful act of smashing the tradition that Sumo, which is a traditional sport that values purity based on Shinto, has such darkness.

In addition, I accepted that the legalization of abortion decreases crimes. Certainly, it is not good ethically to let go of a given life, but I thought it was an unthinkable idea that it prevents the birth of unwanted children who could become criminals in the future.