Freakonomics

0

June 28, 2019 by kohei75

On June 21, we watched a movie called “Freakonomics”. This movie takes up “incentive”, theme of this movie. There were three important examples such as naming effect, collapse of purity and dramatic decline of crime, in this movie. First, I was surprised that name type like black man effects rate of employment and income in United States, because that kind of culture is not existing in Japan. However, I also felt sad, because I thought that racial discrimination remains intensely. Second, because although I live in Japan, I didn’t know well sumo, it was very surprise me that fixed game is taken place frequently in sumo. I thought that it is bad that fixed game is ordinally taken place for incentive, but I can also understand environment which lower sumo wrestler can not reveal fixed game, so these problems is very difficult. Finally, I was very surprised that the number of crime dramatic decreased by legitimating abortion in some areas of United States. I also learned that people need incentive, but people should judge whether good or bad incentive in this movie.