Balance of Wealth and Power

0

December 30, 2016 by misako161

Last month, we saw a documentary movie in class which was “Requiem for the American Dream”.   In this movie, it is said that the democracy of American politics faces the danger, because of concentration of wealth and power.  Noam Chomsky, who is one of the most famous linguists, insists this view.  I agree with his thinking with two reasons.  First, I think some governments too cling to economic growth of their countries.  This is not only in U.S. but also in Japan.  Of course, economic growth is very important for conduct countries.  However, in my opinion, the most important point is safe of nation.  Nevertheless, governments pursue economic aspect too much.  Moreover the thought which people fill their own pockets under the victim of others has spread recently.  I think this is another reason.  People or companies don’t consider others.  They think about only themselves.  It seems just individual problem, but now it has developed into a social issue.  Donald Trump is one of the examples.  He is famous as a very rich real estate mogul.  His career and statements were based on this thinking way.  In my opinion, his stance is suitable for business, but it is not good as a politician.   We have to think about balance of wealth and power.