Super moon

1

November 28, 2016 by sho16

Hi, I’m going to talk about the moon. A few days ago, we had the histrical event. what the earth is that? It’s about Supermoon!! Its word is from astrology. Supermoon is the closest moon to the earth and full moon or new moon. It is really rare coincidence and we just can’t seem to see it. But I finally watched it!! If you had good eyesight, you could even wathe the surface of the moon. It is said that if you wish supermoon, your wish would come true! And also we have special culture about moon. For example, we have very important event, Otsukimi. Otsukimi is a seasonal festival to enjoy the moon on the night of August 15th. And what do we do in Otsukimi? The most important thing is to view the moon. In japan, people decorate with silver grasses and offer rice dumplings to the moon. It is said that silver grass can house a Shinto God, and acts as acharm against evil. The rice dumplingsis is the appreciation for the harvest of grains. And the custom of gazing at the moon came from China. And in china, it is called Mid-Autumn Festival and is the second most important festival after Chinese New Year. I think there are other events about moon. The moon is deeply emotive for everybody in the world.

1 comment »

1. nanase131 says:

I saw super moon from my house.
    That was very beautiful!I did not know gazing moon in China. I want to see next super moon,too.