My thought about pilots

1

June 30, 2015 by arisa77

This weekend, I read the past article about pilots. I was interested in it because one of my relatives was use to be a pilot. Today, I would like to write about this article.

This article says that April 23rd, Japan decided that they raised the age limit for piloting a commercial plane to 67. It was caused because Japan doesn’t have enough pilots and last year airlines cancelled thousands of flights. The training to be a pilot in Japan is so expensive and many airlines are paying retirement to pilots as well. Therefore, when they can work longer than ever, it will also more beneficial to the airlines.

I agree with this decision that Japan lifts pilots age limit to 67 because Japan does not have enough pilots. Tips newspaper says that ” surfing demand from passengers, especially in the booming budget sector, has created a shortage that last year forced airlines cancel thousands of flights. Furthermore, to be a pilot, it will cost a lot for safe and comfortable flight, so I think this decision is the best to make up for this severe shortage. However, I still have a concern about safety. I think they should see a doctor for a check up every year to provide against an accident. In conclusion, if they have ambition to work longer, it will be a good opportunity for both airlines and pilots. Those who work beyond 65 need see a doctor.

1 comment »

1. haruka77 says:

Becoming pilot is difficult and cost huge amount of money. Moreover, in a recent few years, the number of airplane-accidents is going up in the world. It’s said that Japanese airplane is safe, but considering these facts, I think it’s natural that the number of pilots decrease. I think airline company cannot avoid making decisions to raise age of pilot.