Hotline between Japan and China will be launched

0

December 29, 2014 by ryo122

Japan has proposed to resume talking with China and aimed to set up a hotline to prevent unforseen maritime incidents. On Saturday, Tokyo said that it will come true in January.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Chinese President Xi Jinping confirmed that both countries would start working at setting up a crisis management mechanism in Beijing in November.

Xi proposed “maritime liaison mechanism” that is aimed at loosing tensions occured by the serious dispute over the Japan controlled Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea.

I have looked this dispute islands problem for a long time. And I’m happy because both countries took a concrete action by setting the hotline.

I think hotline is very important to avoid the miserable collision. In the view of world history, hotline was also very useful such as crisis of Cuba. If there had been no hotline between Washington and Moscow, it would have happened the great war.

Of course, it is better that no conflict happens between Japan and China. But I think it is also important for both countries to prepare the predictable risks.