Life

0

June 24, 2021 by mika0122

Today I am going to talk about a video that I watched before.

The video was about a couple and their new born baby. It seems like I’m going to talk about a cute and heartwarming story, but actually it’s more like a sad story depending on how you perceive it.

The baby was born without most of his brain, which means he can’t feel a thing, not even pain, and cannot learn. To make matters worse, he is blind and deaf.

His parents found out about his condition before he was born. So many doctors mentioned the word abortion to them as gently as possible. However his parents gave him a chance to live. But of course after he was born, doctors didn’t think he would live past a few days. Now he’s 1 year old as his parents share their story in the video.

Despite his disabilities, his parents spend so much time with him to tell him that they love him. But as you can imagine, people who watched this video questioned what his parents are doing.

“To be honest, I’d rather die than live this life.”

“It’s almost like they’re playing with a doll, I feel so bad for the parents.”

“He may be surviving, but ultimately he isn’t ‘living’.”

“I wouldn’t bring a child into this world knowing he would suffer like this. I’d rather honor his memory as an angel baby.”

I think in many cases, it depends on parents to decide whether they bring their child into this world or not. But in this case I just can’t help but think the parents’ decision was maybe not right for their baby. I know that every child has a right to live and to be loved. But it’s questionable that he actually felt loved by his parents in the first place.

Meanwhile the other thing that I found interesting is the fact that his parents love him no matter how severe the condition is. You may think it’s normal to love your child because he/she is your child. But there are many parents who abandon their own children and some parents even kill their children.

So I just want to admire the fact that his parents love him so much and spend so much time with him rather than the fact that they had an option of abortion before he was born.