The Rumor of popcorn

5

July 24, 2023 by yuki58

Do you know the rumor of  popcorn? In recent days, I have heard some of the talks about the birth of corns. Corns is now and before the biggest crops which is harvested in all over the world for so many decades. However, the specific history of corns is now still in the mystery, so that some people call popcorns “crops from universe”. From this information and rumor, I got interested in and researched about the mystery of corns. 

All the corn eaten today is derived from a tall grass, teosinte, which Indigenous people who is now people in southern Mexico began selectively breeding about 9,000 years ago. Some articles said that teosinte is ancestor of popcorn, but it is not accurate native plants, and teosinte is not similar to corn’s looking. In addition, dandelions use cotton wool to send seeds flying, but corn’s seeds are hidden inside the bark, and they cannot spread them by themselves without human’s helps. That’s what some people calls corn “mystery food” and they thought to be come from universe. Before I read this, I thought it would impossible that food is came from universe, but I thought that there could be a little possibility.

1. leo142 says:

It was a very interesting topic. There is something very romantic about the phrase “from outer space.”

2. mio32 says:

I did not know this popcorn rumour. It’s very interesting that the corns comes from universe. I was just about to watch a film and I’m going to have some popcorn.

3. koharu305 says:

I too have heard about the popcorn rumors. So, it was interesting to learn more about it through your journal !!

4. miya186 says:

I had never thought about it before, but it is strange. There may be other foods like that.

• naomi156 says:

I have never heard that so it was very interesting!
      I love popcorns! Every time when I watch movie, I eat them. It makes me more excited.