My opinion about “minority” people

0

January 21, 2022 by miki206

This time I am going to write about my ideal for so-called minority such as gender and religion. In recent years, the society has been changing and accepting differences. Therefore, people try to decrease discriminations and are sensitive for expressions related to gender or racism in the media although some extent of people do not change. This tendency is good, but I sometimes wonder why people tend to give so-called minority special treatment. Why are they featured on TV just because they are a little different from what is considered general by most people? Why do people praise the cities where there are a lot of barrier-free facilities? I understand that they are necessary to increase the degree of cognition and understanding of people, but I think the situation is not “equal” in the real sense. In my opinion, we should treat anyone in the world in same ways.

Thus, I disagree with the continuation of such special treatment. I hope the word like LGBTQ disappear finally and we are admitted to marry with anyone in the future, not admitted “with same sex” as some current regulations in Japan. These are a part of examples about gender, so I hope same for disabilities, race and so on.