Let’s start to listen to orchestral music

1

July 1, 2018 by giwon75

Since I have played the flute for over 8 years, I’m very interested in Classical Music without realizing, and I am a huge fan of Japanese Drama Nodame Cantabile(2006) which is about the life of university students majoring in Classical Music.

Sadly, Most people prefer to listen to Pop music rather than Classical Music. Moreover, some people might feel it is tedious to hear because they have no lyrics and no significant changes in the music. However, Listening to Classical Music helps us feel relax and concentrate on ourselves. (Although I know it depends on the interests of people)

If you feel difficulty to have an interest in Classical Music, then you could try to listen to the music what you like but arranged by orchestral version.

For instance, a lot of Japanese people would like to listen to Ghibli Musics such as “Howl’s Movig Castle(Hauru no Ugoku Shiro),” and as they know very well, there is representative theme song which called “Merry-Go-Round of Life(Jinsei-no-merigo-raundo).”

I am sure even if people don’t like listening to classical music, they will enjoy watching and listening to the orchestrated music which they like.

L here is the link of the music that I mentioned above.

Now, Let’s go to the next step if you are used to listening to the music with the orchestra. There are several familiar Classic Music around us, that we have not recognized.

I put the link of 50 Most Famous Classical music, although it is quite long, you can choose or listen randomly.

Lastly, I love to recommend one of my favorite Classical Music which is “Oboe Concerto with Orchestra K314” composed by Mozart. It became famous in the Drama “Nodame Cantabile” that I said above, so you might have heard this song someday. I am going to put a link to the video. Please enjoy it!!

In addition, I did not know it is made in 1777, Isn’t it amazing that we can enjoy music which is made almost 250 years ago and not so different from at that time?

1 comment »

1. mayu58 says:

I like NODAME too!! I recommended to you disney on classic!!