Malaysian Culture

1

May 31, 2017 by mao131

I would like to talk about Malaysian culture in this blog. As some of you know, when I studied abroad for a short time in Australia, I stayed with the Malaysian family. Then, I want to introduce what I saw, spending time with the family.

There were parents, two sisters and a brother in this family. They are Muslim, so the women wrapped scarves around their faces. When they went outside, and even took pictures at hom, they always put them on. In addition, they told me that they do not eat pork and alcohol because of the religion.

The most surprising part of Islam culture for me was the times they preyed.  After I took shower and went to the living room, all of the family sat on the floor and looked at a particular direction. Then they spoke something and at last they shook their hands each other. When I saw at first, I had no idea what they were doing because they told nothing. However, they told me that they preyed five times a day every day. Therefore, in early morning like at four or five am, they woke up and preyed.

Since then, I became interested in finding differences between each culture. It must be very important to have such knowledge for the future, I think.

1 comment »

1. chihiro131 says:

I have been to Australia, and my host family believed Islam.
    I think that learning different cultuer is very fun and intersting in foreign country.