AVATAR

0

July 17, 2016 by natusmi16

Hi, I’m Natsumi. The movie I’m going to introduce now is very famous and has received favorable reviews. The title is “AVATAR”, which was released in 2009 by the director James Cameron. It became the first film to gross more than 2 billion dollars and the best-selling film of 2010 in the United States. It was also nominated for nine Academy Awards.

In 2154, Earth’s natural resources has been exhausted and human beings could no longer live in the earth. To solve the energy problem, people decided to go to Pandora, but there were indigenous people called Na’vi.Then, they create an avatar, which people can control from their brains connected to the computer. Jake Sully, a paraplegic former Marine decided to contact with Na’vi as an avatar and investigate the planet. When Jake entered the forest, he was attacked by unknown creatures. He was rescued by Neytiri, a female Na’vi. She can speak English. She took him to her clan and introduced the leader of her tribes, who was her father too. In this way, he continued his life as both a human and Na’vi. As he spent with them and learned the way to survive, he felt something spiritual and found the greatness of the tree which protected Na’vi. He came to suspect human beings’ action. At last the wars between human and Na’vi broke out. He was ordered by his boss to kill Na’vi’s leader because of his connection with them, but he didn’t have those intentions.

There is a remarkable thing in the movie. I watched it in the theater, and I was very surprised because the screen looked like 3D despite not having 3D glasses. I felt as if I was in their world. In addition, I was deeply impressive by the beauty of computer graphics. The movie has the highest quality of these techniques. The contrast between beautiful Pandra and the withered Earth was conspicuous. That might implicate the caution to destruction of environment in now our society. Thank you for reading.

Avatar_8