No killing of dogs and cats

0

June 27, 2024 by yasuto20

In Japan, 14,457 dogs and cats were killed in FY 2022. I have thought about how to stop this situation.

The reasons why dogs and cats are killed are owner’s convenience such as moving to a new address and resignation of breeding by disregard for life. There is also the capture of natural breeding, and the disposal of overbreeding by breeders and unsold by stores.

The things that can do to reduce the culling dogs and cats are as follows.

1. Become a foster parent for a protection dog or cat.
  2. Have them contraceptive or castration surgery and continue to keep them responsibly.
  3. Request a pickup them in an animal welfare organization if you can’t breed them.
  4. Think about the culling them and pass it to many generations

I am particularly concerned about the way Japanese pet stores and breeders treat animal life as a business. For sell dogs and cats, they often give false sales talk that they can easily keep without any money and hassle. As a result, there have been cases of abandonment of breeding them due to reasons such as ” More financial and labor intensive than I thought”. To prevent such a situation, it would be ideal to prohibit the sale of living organisms. Or, I think that it is necessary to establish a system to check whether the owner is able to keep the animal properly

I sincerely hope that It will be a world where all living things can coexist and co-prosper.