Social issue

0

May 6, 2021 by hina115

These days, there are a lot of social issues in Japan. For example, global warming, an aging population declining, food less and so on. So, I will talk about some Japanese problems.

First, I will talk about Declining birth rate problem. Recently, the number of unmarried people and late marriages, so have had an impact in creating low fertility. According to one study, one in four Japanese women are over the age of seventy, and one in ten Japanese have dementia. This is a very serious problem. If the number of children is less than now, taxpayers would decline and workers would be lost. I think Japanese government should put emphasis on childcare support.

Second, I would like to talk about food less problems. Japan is the sixth largest waste of food in the world, and the largest in Asia. I work at a sushi restaurant, and I often see people who left some food on the dish. And I also sometimes wasted food. Therefore, these days, I write a shopping list before I go, and I freeze them to be stored for a long period. I want to contribute to solving this problem even if it is a very small thing.

Third is the gender problem. I think Japan still has gender discrimination. For example, women have never been prime ministers in Japan. And actually, I also sometimes felt gender discrimination when I was in junior high school. Because in my school, student numbers were separated by gender, and boys come first. I think that it is difficult to eradicate gender discrimination, however, I think it is important to change our stereotype.

There are still a lot of social issues in Japan. Coronavirus is also one of them. It is that affects our daily life. We couldn’t go to Aoyama Gakuin University for a year because of this virus. In addition, we don’t know that we can go to our school next year because recently, the number of infected people is increasing again. I want the government to declare a state of emergency as soon as possible, and I want to go to school next year.