Glow up

0

January 22, 2020 by nanako68

Glow Up is documentary TV series of make up artists(MUA) that they compete to get the first prize among 10 MUAs. They live together during this competition and every week, one of the competent dropped out and have to go back home.

We can see why make up artists are called “artists” on this film. Those MUAs are examined not only about their core skill, but also about creativity and time keeping. I was mesmerized with Ellis’s last makeup of himself, the photo on the top is which.This make up get him won this Glow Up competition. It was literally art and I like his colorful makeup.

The most impressive scene of this series was when MUAs make up cerebrity. They have to make up someone who they met for the first time and, for the most difficult thing, their make up will be photographed and spread  all over the world immediately online and also they perhaps get a lot of scrutiny. It was interesting that the way we see someone’s face with our own eyes is quite different from when we see it on the picture(especially with a lot of flash lights), so the criticism and evaluation of judges is completely different from my expectation.