Speech at Stanford University 2005 by Steve Jobs

0

January 18, 2015 by ayano122

image

I watched a famous speech video clip spoken by Steve Jobs. It was a congratulatory speech of graduating Stanford University. His speech was too long to describe all so I want to focus on how he succeeds and what he said to do to the students. From now I want to analysis his speech.

First, is about his good points. First, he speaks fast but he made a pause, so people listened easily. Second, of course he read his notes but he did not read it always. Third he uses own experiences in his speech. That was a good thing to get attention.

Second, is about content. He said the most important thing is to do what you love.  When I think that what I will be in the future, I usually think the salary or social status. Although these elements are important, I learned that there is no meaning if I couldn’t love that work.

He also said that his background and career were all important and by that he can be who he is now. In his life, he had many failures. He dropped out his university and got fired by his own company. However he experienced failures, he thinks that all these things are important and these things make his success. I was so impressed by his way of thinking.

These are my all analysis. I want to apply his speech to not only my speech but also my life.